Business customer privacy notice
Purpose of this notice
This privacy notice covers the processing of data for individuals and companies that we have a prospective or existing business relationship with and as a result we process their data to manage this relationship.
This privacy notice does not apply to any customers/policyholders related to UKGIL. We refer to these individuals as “you/your” in this notice.
We are dedicated to being transparent and this privacy notice tells you what we do with the information that we collect about you.
We process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. We are the data controller for the data that we process about you and we will not collect any information from you that we do not need for the purpose of managing the business relationship.
We are UK General Insurance Limited, referred to as “we/us/our” in this notice. Our data controller registration number issued by the Information Commissioner’s Officer is Z7739575. Our registered address is: Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds, LS10 1RJ.
Anything you are not clear about
If you have any questions, or if there is anything that you are unclear about, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer any queries you may have concerning this privacy notice or the way we process your personal data.
The provision of your personal data is necessary for us to manage the business relationship and meet any contractual obligations that we have with you. If you fail to provide the data, it may mean that we are unable to manage the business relationship and hinder the performance of our contractual obligations.
We may collect the following personal data about you:
Information collected from you
- When you provide your business contact details to us for potential business opportunities.
- When we collect personal data as part of our ongoing business dealings and development.
Information collected from other sources
- When one of UKGIL’s business partners introduces you to us, they will provide your contact details.
The information collected may include the following categories
- your name and job title;
- your company name and address;
- your contact details, including email address and telephone number.
We may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- We use your personal data as it is necessary to manage our business relationship, including meeting our contractual obligations to you and sending you communications in relation to this relationship.
- We use your personal data to undertake necessary due diligence prior to entering into a contract, such as conducting credit checks and fulfilling our onboarding requirements.
- We may also use your data where there is not contractual relationship, and where we need to process your data for potential business opportunities. We can use your personal data in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to network and grow the business.
- We use your personal data to send you communications with opportunities/products that we deem to be of interest to you. We can use your personal data in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to network and grow the business.
- We use your personal data where required for us to comply with our legal obligations or to enforce or defend our legal rights.
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed by unauthorised individuals.
As a rule, where there is a contractual relationship, we will keep your personal data for seven years following the end of your relationship with us. Where there is no contractual relationship formed, we will retain your personal data for two years.
Following the end of the retention periods, your personal data will be securely destroyed.
Your personal data will be shared with UKGIL employees and may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- Third-party service providers that UKGIL is contracted with, who process data on our behalf.
The personal data that we process to manage the business relationship will not need to be shared with other organisations outside the EEA.
We will not make any automated decisions about you.
We thought it would be helpful to set out your rights under the relevant data protection legislation. You have the right to:
- withdraw consent where that is the legal basis of our processing
- access your personal data that we process
- rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you
- be forgotten, if the processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it is collected for, your details would be removed from systems that we use to process your personal data
- restrict the processing in certain ways
- obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic form (if the legal basis of our processing is consent or necessary for contract)
- object to certain processing of your personal data by us
Please see https://ico.org.uk for further information on the above rights. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data. Please see https://ico.org.uk.