Prosthetic Limb insurance
We understand prosthetic and orthotic devices are expensive. It’s an investment to purchase which if required to repair or replace, could end up costing thousands. Our prosthetic insurance scheme covers individuals who have bought their own prosthetic or orthotic devices rather than using one from the NHS and offers comprehensive cover for a small and closely defined market.
Prosthetic Limb insurance cover details
- Loss or damage to the device.
- A public liability value of up to £2 million.
- Personal accident.
- Hospitalisation budget is also covered.
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Faulty maintenance or design.
- Loss of use following naturally occurring changes to individual’s body.
- No optional covers.
Explore the Prosthetic Limb insurance market
- The majority of amputations occur as a result of disease, with diabetes and cardiovascular disease accounting for the greatest percentage (nearly 75%).1
- Almost 25% of amputations are the result of a traumatic accident.2