Our breakdown insurance scheme provides emergency repair, assistance and recovery to motorists whose vehicles have suffered a mechanical failure, or been involved in an unfortunate event that is significant enough to leave them stranded at that location.
A recent study found we are buying less brand new cars but rather purchasing cars that are an average of 8 years old. Unfortunately, the older the vehicle, the more likely it is for things to go wrong.
Our breakdown cover offers protection for the policyholder and passengers who are travelling in the vehicle. It is an ideal product for cross-selling to motor insurance customers, our breakdown insurance adds value and can be used as an excellent retention tool. Furthermore, it can generate an additional income stream.
Breakdown insurance cover details
- Roadside assistance and emergency repair.
- Vehicle recovery to a garage within 10 miles of the breakdown.
- Emergency accommodation.
- Emergency car hire and alternative travel arrangements.
- Breakdowns caused by failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition.
- Overloading of the vehicle or carrying more passengers than it is designed to carry.
- Assistance if the vehicle is deemed to be illegal, untaxed, without a current valid MOT, uninsured, unroadworthy or dangerous to transport.
- The costs of any parts, components, or materials used to repair the vehicle.
- Repair and labour costs other than one hour roadside labour at the scene.
- Any breakdowns that occurred before the policy commenced.
- Any claim occurring within the defined exclusion period following cover commencing.
- More than a specified number of claims in any period.
- Claims total more than a specified financial limit in any period of insurance.
- Costs incurred in addition to a standard call out where service cannot be undertaken at the roadside because:
- Vehicle is not carrying serviceable spare wheel,
- An aerosol repair kit,
- Appropriate jack,
- Locking mechanisms for the wheels that are not immediately available to remove the wheels.
- Home assistance within 1 mile of the home address.
- Vehicle recovery UK-wide.
- Legal defence.
- European cover.
Schemes – Build your business by offering bespoke personal lines insurance which meets your customers’ exact needs.
Software houses – Trading platforms operated by software houses offer a fast, easy, competitive and compliant way for brokers to access our niche personal lines products online.
White-labelling – Re-brand our tried and tested personal lines products and schemes, neatly marketed through your own website.
Explore the Breakdown insurance market
- In 2015, more than 800,000 motorists broker down in the UK.1
- 54% of drivers admitted they passed a petrol station despite needing to top up their tank hoping they'd find it cheaper elsewhere.2
- Most breakdown's ocurr in the southeast compared to anywhere else in the UK.3