Helmet & Leather insurance
Our helmet & Leathers insurance scheme offers your customers the opportunity to cover their protective equipment in the event of damage.
Designed specifically for motorcycle owners, this product is an ideal add on product for motorcyclists.
Protective equipment such as this is often expensive however may not be covered under a standard motorcycle insurance policy.
Helmet & Leather insurance cover details
- Damage to motorcycle clothing as a result of a motorcycle accident providing such accidents occur within the territorial limits.
- The cost of repair or replacement of motor cycle clothing if it is damaged beyond repair (in the same form and style) as new as a result of a motorcycle accident.
- Direct/indirect loss or damage to motorocycle clothing with relation to:
- Accidental damage (other than as a result of a road traffic accident),
- Wear and tear or rot of any kind,
- Fungus, mildew, insect or vermin,
- Loss of value after we have made a payment to settle the claim.
- Cost of replacing any undamaged Motorcycle Clothing forming part of a pair or set of the same type, colour or design if the damage happens to a particular area or specific part and a replacement cannot be matched.
- Loss of or damage sustained to any clothing or other property belonging to any other person, including your passengers.
- Personal Accident cover.
Explore the Helmet & Leather insurance market
- Motorcycle helmets are made of ‘Styrofoam’. Several layers of this specially designed material are precisely tailored in various densities which are designed to slow the rate of deceleration your head experiences in an impact.1
- For professional riders, heavier materials and thicker, stronger leathers (i.e. kangaroo skin) are used for jackets, trousers and suits to help reduce damage to the body upon impact.2