Holiday Home insurance
Our holiday home insurance is an ideal product for customers with holiday/second homes within the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
We understand that a holiday home is just as vulnerable to the same risks as a person’s main residence, especially when you consider that it may be unoccupied for various periods of time making it a potential target for thieves and/or more susceptible to accidents.
Cover offers protection for the policyholder by insuring the building and furnishings, while also offering cover if the home is let out. A standard policy won’t adequately cover a holiday home owner’s needs. Our holiday home insurance offers protection against a wide range of potential perils and the flexibility to tailor inner cover limits.
Holiday Home insurance cover details
- The holiday home(s) and contents are insured against a wide variety of perils including escape of water, fire, flooding, storm, subsidence and theft as per standard household insurance.
- Cover is also included when the home is let out to tenants.
- Accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitaryware (sinks, baths etc.) is included.
- If the property in uninhabitable following a claim, alternative accommodation and/or cover for loss of rent if you or your tenants (including pre-booked guests) is provided.
- £5 million public liability cover in case someone has an accident at the property and makes a claim against the homeowner.
- £5 million employers’ liability cover in case someone employed at your property has an accident and makes a claim (i.e. the cleaner or housekeeper etc.).
- Tenants property.
- Property not permanently kept at the premises. For example this may include baggage and personal effects temporarily removed from the permanent home.
- Wear and tear or any gradual deterioration.
- Damage to gates and fences caused by storm or flood.
- Optional cover against accidental damage to contents caused by the homeowner or their guests is available.
- Tailorable cover limits and mix & match cover for what your customers need.
Explore the Holiday Home insurance market
- According to the 2011 Census, 200,000 people living in England and Wales own a holiday property in either England, Scotland or Wales.1
- In 2011, 12% (188,837) of second addresses were for work and 11% (165,095) were holiday homes.2